Thunder Bay Online Farmers Market
Superior Seasons Food Market connects sustainable producers of good food and artisan products to households, restaurants, and institutions in the Thunder Bay area who value the quality of farm-fresh produce and the importance of supporting our Northern economy. It is managed by Belluz Farms on a cost recovery basis for all the vendors which results in the producer getting up to 95% of the price you pay! Try our Thunder Bay food box for an assortment of local vegetables and food products. We offer a full product guarantee so try us out risk free.
- Sign up for free! and shop from our farmers, food makers, and artisans
- Our twice weekly ordering period means the freshest food possible is harvested just for you
- Your order is delivered to your door or your choice of central pickup locations.
Article of the Week:
Superior Seasons Recipe Collection
Rutabaga with Mustard and Scallions:
- Kosher Salt
- 2 pounds rutabaga, peeled, quartered, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger (from about a 3-inch piece)
- 1/4 cup minced scallions (white and light green parts only)
Bring a large saucepan of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the rutabaga and cook until it just gives way when pierced with a knife, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the mustard seeds and ginger and cook until the ginger starts to brown and the mustard seeds begin to pop, about 1 minute.
Add the reserved rutabaga and cook, tossing occasionally, until slightly browned and crisp, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the scallions, season with salt, and serve.
Look for more recipes next week!