Thunder Bay Online Farmers Market
Superior Seasons Food Market connects sustainable producers of good food and artisan products to households, restaurants, and institutions in the Thunder Bay area who value the quality of farm-fresh produce and the importance of supporting our Northern economy. It is managed by Belluz Farms on a cost recovery basis for all the vendors which results in the producer getting up to 95% of the price you pay! Try our Thunder Bay food box for an assortment of local vegetables and food products. We offer a full product guarantee so try us out risk free.
- Sign up for free! and shop from our farmers, food makers, and artisans
- Our twice weekly ordering period means the freshest food possible is harvested just for you
- Your order is delivered to your door or your choice of central pickup locations.
Article of the Week:
Superior Seasons Recipe Collection: Farm Fresh Broccoli Cheese Soup
This recipe takes 40 minutes to prepare.
- 4 cups of broccoli, chopped
- ¾ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup carrot, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ stick butter
- 1 - 48 oz. can low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- ? cup flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
1. In large pot, melt butter.
2. Add carrots, celery, garlic and onions and sauté until translucent.
3. Add broccoli and then pour 1-48 ounce can of chicken stock into the pot.
4. Season with salt, pepper and bay leaf.
5. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Once broth is finished simmering, remove bay leaf. Take out about 1½ cups for the broccoli from the soup and set aside.
7. To thicken soup, mix 1 cup of cold chicken broth with ? cup of flour.Bring soup to a boil and slowly pour into soup. Soup will thicken once it comes to a full boil.
8. Reduce heat to a slow simmer.
9. Use an emulsion blender to puree the soup in the pot. Blend until the chunks of vegetables are well pureed.
10. Add the broccoli that was set aside back into the soup.
11. Finish soup off by adding 2 cups of half and half and 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. Bring to simmer for 4 minutes and reduce to low.
12. Garnish bowl with extra cheddar cheese.